Advanced and innovative analytical methods for applications in life sciences
Maria Minunni and Ilaria Palchetti
6 ECTS: 32 hours of lectures and 24 hours of laboratory training
Aims : The course deals with advanced analytical techniques and innovative methodologies for applications in the life sciences. On completion of the course students will be able to identify and optimize sampling programs and experiments for answering questions in the field of life sciences; to identify the most appropriate analytical techniques; to formulate and interpret analytical chemistry data in the field of life sciences; to connect the outcome of the analytical chemistry interpretation and scientific progress in life sciences.
Lectures (4 ECTS)
- Analytical workflow in life sciences: from sample preparation and treatment to data acquisition and analysis
- Analytical technologies and methodologies in the field of "omics" research: advanced mass spectrometric procedures and techniques, innovative hyphenated techniques, advanced high throughput techniques.
- Bioelectrochemical methods in life sciences: in vitro and in vivo monitoring of cell secretion, analytical detection, drug screening, tumor therapy
- Innovative diagnostics and POC (Point of Care) analytical tools
- Innovative materials for analytical chemistry
Lab practice (2 ECTS)
Experiments on the topics of the course.
last update: 07-May-2019